Royal Mail have just announced a rate increase across some of their services, which will come into effect 2nd January 2020, with 13 different mailing services affected by the rise!
While it's nice not to have the price hike before the busy Christmas season, these price rises do hit immediately in the new year (which is only 5 weeks away), so you may want to work out your costs and make and adjustments to postage prices sooner rather than later. Here's what you need to know.
Will I be affected by the 2020 Royal Mail price increase?
The services most affected by the Royal Mail January 2020 price increase are business and international services. The full breakdown of services is detailed below.
How much are the Royal Mail prices increasing to in January 2020?
The price increase varies from 2.5% up to 6.3% depending on the postage service in question. Please see the detailed list of new prices below.
Can I avoid the Royal Mail price increase?
You can’t avoid the price increase, but with some clever planning you may be able to reduce its effect on you with a different envelope. For example, you may be able to reduce your postage rate from Large Letter to just Letter price with a slightly smaller envelope! If you’d like some advice on the perfect envelope to suit your needs and costs please give us a call on 01273 486026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Royal Mail January 2020 price increase:
- Royal Mail Advertising Mail® will increase on average by 2.5%
- Royal Mail Business Mail® will increase on average by 5.2%
- Royal Mail Publishing Mail® will increase on average by 4.5%
- Response Services will increase on average by 6.3%
- Partially Addressed Mail will increase on average by 2.5%
- Subscription Mail will increase on average by 2.9%
- International Tracked and Signed services will increase on average by 3.4%
- International Mixed Mail will increase on average by 5.9%
- International Letters will increase on average by 5.9%
- International Large Letters will increase on average by 5.8%
- International Parcels will increase on average by 5.6%
- International Max Sort and Print Direct will increase on average by 5.6% and 5.5% respectively
- International Response services will increase on average by 3.0%
*Please note that actual price changes are dependent on your posting profile. The price change indicators above are based on the Royal Mail average profile.
Please refer to the Royal Mail website for more info and price rate cards: www.royalmail.com/prices2020