A Delicious Cookie Recipe
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
200g chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
2) Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, mix in the egg and vanilla.
3) Sift in the flour and salt and add to the mixture.
4) Then the chocolate chips.
5) Roll into walnut size balls and place on ungreased baking paper.
6) If If you want gooey Millies cookie style then bake for just 7-8 minutes (till the cookies are just setting), otherwise cook for 10-12 minutes until just golden round the edges.
7) Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack.